How can I prepare myself for an “Intuitive Music and More” course?
Ear training exercises (best with two people)
- perform – play back
- recognising intervals
- recognising scales
- Practice all scales (see scheme)
- practice scales with a metronome: in quarters, eighths, triplets, sixteenths, sextuplets etc.
- scale improvisation exercises using 5, then 7 pitches, then in the whole range of a scale.
- atonal improvisation exercises, using all 12 pitches as equals.
- Improvisations with noises, sounds.
- Improvisations with inner images, associations, colors etc.
Exercises in listening, scales, improvisation. Playing alone, with two players, three players, in larger groups; in different styles and different rhythms; formal structures; polyphonic playing, sounds in space, wandering improvisations etc. Concentration and meditation exercises. Preparation of a final concert (possibly public).